What does an AAAHC accreditation mean?
An AAAHC accreditation means that a surgical facility has met the high-set standards of the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. This means that an AAAHC-accredited surgical facility:
- Is held to hospital standards
- Is required to staff surgeons who are board-certified
- Is required to staff surgeons who have hospital privileges for any procedure
- Is required to have peer review and track data
- Is required to provide a safe and clean surgical environment that must meet strict standards
- Is required to use an anesthesia professional for deeper levels of anesthesia