Certified Surgical Technologist
This position is for a certified surgical technologist in the setting of an AAAHC-accredited surgical center. This surgical center is three-operating room, single-surgeon dealing exclusively with Facial Plastic Surgery. We are looking for a team-oriented and outgoing individual to join a close-knit and highly functioning team. Performs delegated activities to assist in the care of the patients in the operating room and surgical center. Under the supervision of a RN and in collaboration with the surgeon, the technologist functions primarily in the scrub role. Is responsible for selecting, preparing, and maintaining instrumentation, equipment, and supplies. Responsible for preparation and turnover of the operating room.
- Cleans and sterilizes surgical instruments
- Prepares the operating room for surgery, and assists with room turnover between cases
- Maintains records of instrument sterilization and equipment checks
- Becomes fully familiar with the surgical procedures and the instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary
- Assists with draping of the patient and establishment of the sterile field
- Assists with surgical center inventory management
- Maintain sterile procedures during all surgical cases
- Demonstrates professionalism and discretion with patients
- Embraces a team-centered approach with the rest of the staff
- Graduation from an accredited and/or hospital approved surgical technology program, with a minimum of 2 years of CST experience.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Experience in the operating room as a surgical technologist is required.
License or Certification
- Certification in Surgical Technology from either the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) required within one year of hire date and maintained thereafter.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date and maintained thereafter.
$33.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All of our surgical patients are screened for COVID before any surgical procedure. Nursing and surgical staff are supplied masks to wear around patients.
Certified Surgical Technologist Certification (Required)